Share a story when you were 'caught' as a mystery shopper!

Watergirl4life
1 year 0 Watergirl4life 6

Share a story when you were 'caught' as a mystery shopper! How did you handle it?

Becca_16762421504574
1 year +1 Becca_16762421504574 3

I had to go into a supermarket and take photos of every area possible. One of the staff came up to me and said what are you doing, I said taking photos of prices to show my nan at home. He didn't believe me, so I had to come clean with what I was doing. He said 'Why can't you go to the Co- Op' which is the other side of the road.'. I said I don't choice where to do the jobs. As soon as I told him, he rushed to his manager where I didn't hear anything hahah! It was 10p per item that I put down on this app. Nightmare wouldn't do again hahah! But normally these types of jobs are fun! That's the only time I've ever been picked out on.

Kevin_15027958065114
1 year 0 Kevin_15027958065114 74

Never caught. That damn good!

Chanteksawahe
1 year +1 Chanteksawahe 4

Ha i was doin the same thing, but they had soe many items, they were it only took a few hours, hell the app was slow, it took over 6 and i had security following me aroundand a manager came up to me and wanted to see a business card after i said i was doing a business audit. She kept hounding me, and i asked her straight up what are you trying to say. She was trying to kick me out with out saying it.. Than i asked was i doing anything illegal she said no am i doing anything against store policy? she said no, I told her i am free to take pictures or whatever, and i was also shopping. Then she came up with that i was att the store for way too long, and i asked if there was a time limit to which she didnt have an answer. And when i was paying for my items she was waiting by the doo with her two minion stop sflight security guard who werent big enough to stop a marble from rolling downhill, and right out fron was a cop parked, for which i am sure she called, for me it wall entertaining... I bet if i was wearing a suit and tie i could have been there all day

Martin_Canada
1 year 0 Martin_Canada 118

One of my first mystery shops over 20 years ago. I completed a mystery shop and totally forgot I had my work name badge on! This was before every store had video cameras so he had my full name and description. My shop was rejected. Lesson learnt!

Recent story did a bar evolution. Server came right up to me and used my name without asking me. She made sure everything was perfect this time! LOL

Krissy
1 year 0 Krissy 3

I got caught at a video store, I was told to evaluate and buy a DVD. I was told to ask for a specific movie for a birthday present. I asked for the movie and the sales gentleman asked if I wanted the sequel too. It tripped me up because I didn't know there's a sequel - because there's not. I got the notification that I was figured out, AFTER I submitted the report. This was years ago in North Carolina and I have a suspicion they knew I was coming somehow.

Reading this thread: