From Texas. - New & I’m so sad about this.

JDFREE
5 years 0 JDFREE 4

My score is -50. I just started! I shopped Jose instead of Shirley on first project. I’m discouraged a bit. Any words of wisdom for me?

MFJohnston
5 years +1 MFJohnston 388

Take a breath and learn from blunders - we all make them. Perhaps start with something simpler so you don't have to find a specific person? I started by dong some real easy shops at Ross and by taking pictures of menus at fast food restaurants. Now, I fly to different states and pose as a potential new home buyer - using hidden video equipment.

Donna_15488123801624
5 years (Edited 5 years) 0 Donna_15488123801624 3

That is so awesome!I realize this may not be a cash cow but has it been worth it $?Flying out of state is pretty serious and dedicated.It sounds perfect for me.I have the time and am curious about all this entails.The MSP section which has contracts etc.How do we utilize that?The same with the phone jobs.I see the same things on there that havent changed?Any insight would be appreciated.And congratulations on ypur success

II just saw the first post about a recent mishap.I did not see it initially.Try not to be discouraged...Everything happens for a reason and all is in place according to Gods plan.Your situation may help someone else in some way.Your strength in posting is helping me to give it a go.What a boring world if we were all perfect!Good luck out there!

MFJohnston
5 years +2 MFJohnston 388

Donna -

It's about video shopping. I currently have 21 video shops lined up, paying $50-$110 each. I get 50% of my air travel reimbursed through a different shop. Currently, this puts me at covering my expenses plus $700 profit. I have quite a bit of fee time left to fill with shops and am hoping to add at least another $500. I'm aiming for another $1000.

to get to the point of doing this takes some time. I am signed up with over 100 companies in addition to what is found on iSS. I have my own hidden video equipment and have established myself as a shopper who produces good quality video. By doing this, I am sometimes offered high bonuses if I can get to various locations to do a few shops. I then contact the schedulers with whom I have worked to see if they have additional work I can pick up. It takes time to plan and I'll return from my trip exhausted.

David_15157399294557
5 years 0 David_15157399294557 58

I know the feeling. I goofed up big time myself.

I was assigned a fast food shop near my home and went there with the intent of having lunch and completing the report. Imagine my surprise when I checked the receipt and saw the wrong address!!! The place I was looking for was about 1/4 mile farther down. I just wasted not only my time and money, but my appetite as well. Now I had to hustle to get to the correct spot within the time frame.

I made it, but had to force myself to order a second lunch and taste it to complete the shop. I probably could have cancelled, but I have a good rep with the company and didn't want to ruin it.

Greg_15378800021331
5 years 0 Greg_15378800021331 5

Two times within a week I went to a fast food drive through and forgot to ask for a receipt. The only option I had was to go and drive through them again. I don't think they recognized me going through the second time.

Donna_15488123801624
5 years 0 Donna_15488123801624 3

I just wanted to thank everyone for their responses.Very helpful.Been under the weather but look forward to new adventures!

Assonta
5 years (Edited 5 years) 0 Assonta 18
JDFREE @ Feb 2, 2019 3:33:58 PM

My score is -50. I just started! I shopped Jose instead of Shirley on first project. I’m discouraged a bit. Any words of wisdom for me?

Don't worry, you will be fine. Daily check your assigned shops. If you are ever unsure about any shop notify your MSP, trust me they want you to succeed and enjoy working for ISS. Welcome! Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Reading this thread: