Are you penalised for cancelling visits?

Sharon_15777355224895
4 years +1 Sharon_15777355224895 1

Cant find any information but assume it must be a points issue when you cancel a visit?

MFJohnston
4 years +3 MFJohnston 388

Correct.

When you cancel shops, you make the MSC try to find a different shopper - which can lead to them either missing a deadline with their client or having to pay a premium to get the other shopper to take care of it last-minute. Canceling shops really burns the MSC. So, every time a shopper does so, it makes the MSC less likely to want to try to work with that shopper again. Moreover, the shopper who has a history of canceling shops will not be called (and offered fantastic bonuses) when a scheduler is desperate to get a shop done last-minute.

On the iSS platform, "points" are used to rank a shopper's reliability, so each time a shopper cancels or reschedules, s/he loses points. When shops are completed successfully, the shopper gains points.

SethB
4 years (Edited 4 years) +2 SethB 45

Great response.

It is important to keep your score up so you are able to self assign shops and be eligible for more shops.

You lose points by canceling shops you have been assigned to do or doing a poor job on evaluations.

If you have a low score, you can bring your score up by going to http://issprep.com and completing any available courses there. Most of the time there is just one or two courses available but sometimes we will have more.

If you are looking to reverse past point losses - that is up to the Mystery Shopping Provider you contracted with for your assignment. iSecretShop does not change points that are awarded or subtracted for assignment specific reasons.

LINDA_14996614317791
4 years +1 LINDA_14996614317791 182

Hi there Sharon,

You can cancel a 'Request for a shop" but will lose points if you cancel the shop after it has been assigned to you. Hope that helps.

Linda

StevenB
4 years +1 StevenB 20

What if you want to simply edit the planned date of the visit? I've seen no place to change this on the system, other than cancelling and collecting it again? What is the impact of just doing the visit on a different day (assuming it was within the allowable range?)

Paul_15729975819238
4 years (Edited 4 years) +1 Paul_15729975819238 4

Steven, that usually depends on a couple things, and you'd have to contact the scheduler/company to request the change. I haven't had to with ISS, but other companies I have had to request a date change. It's usually no problem because I am requesting the change to be made within the allotted deadline of fhe final day a shop can be done. I had to most recently because of a car repair that came on without warning and had to go into the shop. I was able to reschedule to two days after my initial agreement, but all was fine. The only thing that could impede that is if there are two shoppers scheduled for the same place during the same time period, schedulers usually do not like two shoppers in one day and you'd have to go in on a different day than another shopper previously scheduled on your new request day. Basically though, as long as you can reschedule to another day within the requested shopping time frame, you should be good.

StevenB
4 years +1 StevenB 20

OK thanks, so the answer here is that it can be done but not by us, only by the schedulers. Fair enough. Do you know if the date expected for the visit also impacts on deadlines for submitting the survey. For example, if I have a dining visit for Thursday I'd set the date as Thursday and submit it the following day, whereas if I was on an overnight visit or something that required waiting for some follow up material, I might not be able to submit for a few more days and wonder if the date should reflect after the initial visit

Paul_15729975819238
4 years +1 Paul_15729975819238 4

That infomation would be in the guidelines of the shop. Some companies I am with want all shop reports submitted that same day no later than midnight...others allow 24 hours from when you completed the shop...and then others, like you mentioned with multi-steps to them, will have the submission dates all spelled out

StevenB
4 years +1 StevenB 20

Thanks Paul! Sadly not mentioned in the brief for our visits but shall see if these get included soon.

superadmin
4 years 0 superadmin 24

Hello,

You can always reach out to the scheduler if you need more information.

Reading this thread: