Payments/Tax info/age and Identity

Shastina
2 years +1 Shastina 2

Hello,

My name is Shastina and I am brand new to secret shopping and I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row before I sign up for a shop. I do not want to fall flat on my face.

How does the w-9 work? do I submit one to ISS or do i have to submit one to each company for every shop that I do so I can get paid?

For the payments I read in another forum that I should setup a separate email and paypal account for secret shopping specifically so I did but I am not sure how get paid through this? Do I give the info to ISS or again to the company when I am assigned a shop? Does it work like venmo?

Also, for the Age and Identity tab in ISS do I complete before I am able to complete any shops?

I hope this doesnt sound stupid, I am just slightly confused and need a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks!!

Shastina

celeb311
2 years 0 celeb311 8

You only have to submit the w-9 one time. I think the age and identity tab only have to be completed if you are buying alcohol or items with an age restriction. When they pay through paypal, it goes into your paypal account. You have to request paypal to send the money to your bank account if you are wanting the money. Typically, it takes 6 weeks to receive compensation.

Have fun.

Billie_16333816558748
2 years 0 Billie_16333816558748 1

Hello I'm sort of new to this company I've worked for other secret shoppers or mystery shoppers I should call them, but just double checking and clarifying did I read that correctly you said it takes up to 6 weeks to get compensated??

To me that's a little absurd where other places it's a 48 hours turnaround time?

ov
2 years 0 ov 10

You are overthinking this. Fill out all the information that is asked of you. They know what they are doing. Do the shops and everything else will be self apparent when you need it to be.

Reading this thread: