Funeral Phone Shops

Alexander_16669706744440
1 year 0 Alexander_16669706744440 1

Hello fellow Shoppers!

I'm very new to mystery shopping and excited to get things going! Unfortunately, I am only able to do web and phone shops at this time. I've got my first one assigned for a couple weeks from now.

I was looking at other available shops and had a question. Has anyone had experience with the funeral shops? Perhaps I'm overthinking things, but I feel uneasy calling a funeral home and inquiring about services if they are not needed. It feels like lying to me. I can totally justify calling a restaurant and doing the college shops, but I feel uncertain about the funeral ones.

I know I can just not participate in the ones I feel uncomfortable with, but I'd love to get other shoppers opinions on the funeral shops. Again, perhaps I'm overthinking, but I wanted to ask here before diving in! :)

Thank you all so much!

Katy_16668050782915
1 year +1 Katy_16668050782915 1

I am a musician in a church. I sing for many funerals, and about four different funeral home companies are hired by families. Some are consistantly professional and deliberate in serving families well. Others regularly make mistakes. I think it's imperative that families are well served on the day that they are honoring their loved one. In my opinion, secret shops can help the companies to know how to coach their employees outside of the sensitive environment.

Martin_Canada
1 year +1 Martin_Canada 118

I like to think of it like acting and it does help if you were a real client calling them. I still get calls for a retirement home I mystery shopped in the past asking if my Mom is ready to move in! LOL

Ali_shops
1 year +1 Ali_shops 11

You would be astonished at how lucrative the funeral industry is. Sure there are still small business funeral homes that are family owned and such, but many are a legacy business or a franchise style business. These more corporate style places want to make sure everyone is following policy, operating with integrity, and following the pricing guidelines and such set by the higher ups. Many people price shop end of life care and funeral costs, you're not being maliciously deceptive or hurting anyone and you're helping keep things honest and cohesive within the company.

Like you said, you can always pass over those that make you uncomfortable, but I think after doing a few others you'll find your groove and be more comfortable doing these types of phone shops.

Good luck!

Miranda_16727328199180
1 year 0 Miranda_16727328199180 1

How do I accept iss terms and conditions. In order to assign my first web shop? And how do I get an education badge?

TrueBlueSue
1 year (Edited 1 year) 0 TrueBlueSue 5
Miranda_16727328199180 @ Jan 3, 2023, 5:28:35 PM
How do I accept iss terms and conditions. In order to assign my first web shop? And how do I get an education badge?

Hi Miranda,

To accept the ISS Terms and Conditions, click on the box in the app that says “iSS TOU” (it’s the 4th box down on the right). Scroll down to the bottom, type in your name, and click Accept. That’s all there is to it.

To earn an Education Badge, you have to do an education shop. I did one education phone shop last week and already earned the badge, so it’s not too difficult. Just keep your eye out for those education phone shops and grab them quickly. Hope this is helpful!

Reading this thread: