Apartment shops

Kim_14999349556111
6 years 0 Kim_14999349556111 3

Although I have shopped for two years, I still find that the shop reports for some MS companies' apartment shops are extremely time consuming. I try to devise templates, but they can still take me 3-5 hours to write up by the time you upload documentation, etc. Any hints on how to get faster at this? I'm tired of pulling all-nighters when I get behind :-(

Wassim
6 years 0 Wassim 56

Hey Kim

You just articulated the biggest problem when it comes to reports. Having attended the MSPA's ShopperFest 2017 in Orlando, FL this past June, and many friends just went off when this topic was debated.

The only solution I can think of is better automation. That is the web site should be so streamlined, like the iSecretShop, so that if you answer a question a certain way that the web form will know NOT to display related questions. For example if a question asks about lights being on at night, and your visit time started at Noon, then this question is irrelevant, and you should not even spend any time reading it, let alone answering it. I cringe when I get a date question, and then ask what day of the week is that date. This is all basic stuff, but the MS companies may not have the right talent to make these great well streamlined web forms. They don't pay enough for the talent to do this kind of work, just as they don't pay us enough.

I had informed a prominent MS company about their web site being hacked and defaced, and did I ever get a Thank you, please be assured that your private information is secure. Not so far?! The only way I was able to make them take action is when I told them that their clients will be turned off by seeing the defacement.

Go figure!!'

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

Hi Kim and Wassim,

I completely understand what both of you mean regarding these shop reports. A vast majority of MSPs creates their own shop report forms in the iSecretShop system, and occasionally (though rarely) the iSecretShop staff is consulted in designing them. Now, the system itself does provide lots of options and functionality for customizing and optimizing them in such a way that the information is collected in the most relevant and simple way, and many forms do take full advantage of that - as Wassim said, some questions are not displayed at all, depending on what the answers to some previous question were, questions are organized into sections, there are pre-written answers you can choose from on some, etc...However, creating these forms in such a way can be a challenging and time-consuming process for the MSPs, and ultimately, the amount of questions and required information is dictated mostly by their client's requirements, the ones that are being evaluated, so it's not always easy to have forms like that.

Apartment shops in general can be very demanding, as there are lots of things that need to be evaluated.

From personal experience, I know that many MSPs are very grateful for the shopper's input and feedback, as they are always looking to improve, so please don't hesitate to send them suggestions and input - your ideas might end up as integral parts of some shops.

Thanks!

FortheSMONEY
6 years 0 FortheSMONEY 24
Ivan,
Are you a seasoned MS or are you an employee of a MSP.
Do you think that the conference is really work the trip?
How will I be better, what will I achieve?
Curious.

Ivan @ Sep 15, 2017 12:36:47 AM
Hi Kim and Wassim,

I completely understand what both of you mean regarding these shop reports. A vast majority of MSPs creates their own shop report forms in the iSecretShop system, and occasionally (though rarely) the iSecretShop staff is consulted in designing them. Now, the system itself does provide lots of options and functionality for customizing and optimizing them in such a way that the information is collected in the most relevant and simple way, and many forms do take full advantage of that - as Wassim said, some questions are not displayed at all, depending on what the answers to some previous question were, questions are organized into sections, there are pre-written answers you can choose from on some, etc...However, creating these forms in such a way can be a challenging and time-consuming process for the MSPs, and ultimately, the amount of questions and required information is dictated mostly by their client's requirements, the ones that are being evaluated, so it's not always easy to have forms like that.
Apartment shops in general can be very demanding, as there are lots of things that need to be evaluated.
From personal experience, I know that many MSPs are very grateful for the shopper's input and feedback, as they are always looking to improve, so please don't hesitate to send them suggestions and input - your ideas might end up as integral parts of some shops.

Thanks!

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

Hi,

I'm not an employee of any MSP, but I do have experience in doing shops, as well as editing and scheduling. I currently work for the parent company of iSecretShop.

As for the mystery shopping conferences, I'm very sad to say that I still haven't gone to one, although it's a huge wish of mine to go soon - I love conferences in general, and the ones about mystery shopping that were described to me sound like a perfect mix of gaining knowledge, certifications, unique networking opportunities, motivation, connecting with people that share the same interests, hearing and sharing a ton of stuff, and having fun while you're at it :)

Anyway, Wendy, Douglas, and other shoppers shared their experiences and insights in these threads below, so you can check those out for more detailed info:

https://www.secretshopforum.com/thread/2/5/92/imsc-conference-in-las-vegas-116-and-117?page=2

https://www.secretshopforum.com/thread/2/5/244/ms-conference-attend-or-dont-attend

Cheers!

P.S. I hope I'll met you all at a conference some day!

Reading this thread: