Help! Im a newbie with some ?s

JamieC
5 years +1 JamieC 1

Hi I just signed up to be a SS, but I have some questions about compensation & reimbursements?

How does that work? Do I need money to do a task? Does SS pay for meals or whatever the task is, or do I have to come out of pocket?

I am pregnant trying to make some extra money on the side since we are a 1 income family!

Also if there is anything else else I need to know please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Tara_NJ
5 years +6 Tara_NJ 178

Hi Jamie, you get paid for completing shops on average 30-45 days after they are approved by the mystery shopping company directly. They pay you through your PayPal account. When you registered with isecretshop, you had to enter in your PayPal email. That's what they use. As far as reimbursement goes, each shop is different; before you apply for a shop make sure you read the description and basic guidelines /pay information so you understand how it works for that particular shop. Most of the time you pay up front and they either reimburse you up to a certain amount and also pay you to do the shop, other times they just pay a flat fee. It all depends. As far as other tips or help I can give you, we'll, it's pretty different for each company so I suggest you take it slow, read their guidelines and take it one shop at a time until you acclimate. Also, the more shops you complete successfully, the higher your ranking /badge level goes which means you can self assign more shops. It takes a while but it's worth it in the long run. There's so many mystery shopping companies out there too, not just here on isecretshop. If you go to https://mspa-americas.org , you can see who's registered as an official mystery shopping company and you can also register with MSPA and learn more about working as a shopper! Good luck to you with work and your pregnancy!

Danette
4 years 0 Danette 1

I'm very new at this can you tell me what MSPA stands for? I need to list my video shopping certification numbers is what it says?

Thanks

MFJohnston
4 years 0 MFJohnston 388

MSPA: Mystery Shopping Professionals Association

You should be able to leave the video shopping certification blank. You are new, so you likely have not done any video shops or been through video shopping training.

Avelina
4 years 0 Avelina 3

I know this is an older thread, but I am new and have same questions. Once they get completed, the shops, how soon after does the self assign limit go up? I have been on 2, and although it's great, I would like to take on more. Does completed shops take in affect for the limit?

MFJohnston
4 years 0 MFJohnston 388

Your self-assign limit increases with your "reputation." I don't know the specifics, but there is a post somewhere in this forum about it. If you want to do more shops than what you can self-assign, you can still apply and the schedulers will decide whether or not to grant them to you.

Reading this thread: