Poll ends: 2 years Poll: Accent?

Select 1 answer:

0 Yes
100%
0 No
0%
Ursula
2 years +2 Ursula 4

so I'm just going to throw it out there. I see phone shops in Tennessee, west Virginia,... Should I talk with n accent??? Is that allowed? LOL for real though...

Jeff_15607363216141
2 years +2 Jeff_15607363216141 8

I have a different "accent" issue. When an employee is wearing a mask, it is sometimes more difficult to hear them, either because the volume is reduced or the mask kind of changes the accent. If that is further complicated by some accent, foreign to US, deep drawl, inner city dialect, it is all the more difficult. And, when all that is magnified because it comes over a drive through speaker, sometimes it is very frustration.

Ursula
2 years +1 Ursula 4

lol cool, I wasn't sure and didn't wanna be unsure of myself. The masks, I definetly can relate! I hope the pandemic comes to an end soon. Although I'm sorta digging the mask, they've in a way, grown on me. I'll probably be an old lady years from now still wearing my mask, all muffled out lol

Denise_16489197304386
1 year +1 Denise_16489197304386 3

I actually have a bit of a southern accent, and do not change when calling shops. To be honest, I have lived all over, and have moved all over. I would suggest to be as natural as possible since people travel and live different places at any time.

Dawn
1 year 0 Dawn 4

I do a lot of phone shops, and sometimes the person on the other end has difficulty understanding my normal voice, so I do not use an accent (although that does sound like fun!).

Krissy
1 year +1 Krissy 3

I have an east coast drawl and if I call phone shops in a different state I sometimes start with "I just moved to the area..." which works well for haircuts, eye appointment, etc. On the other hand it gets me amazing service at pizza places, best pies I've ever eaten on some of my mystery shops

Reading this thread: