Best and Worst MSPs?

Ron
6 years +2 Ron 2

I've been mystery shopping for several years with a couple of different companies. I've found that iSecretShop has been the most reliable and consistent with interesting and fun shops. As for being paid, I honestly don't do it for the money, it's just fun to do and I get to meet a lot of very interesting people in numerous varied industries. As for being offered upscale shopping opportunities, I've found that those were usually offered by another company but iSecretShop is still my "go to" source when I'm feeling I need to "explore" the community.

Ivan
6 years +1 Ivan 944

Thank you for the inputs Ron!

Kevin_15027958065114
5 years +2 Kevin_15027958065114 74

Every company I've worked with is great. They tell you what they need, and if you do it, they pay.

Tara_NJ
5 years +2 Tara_NJ 178

I am still pretty new to mystery shopping since I've only been doing it regularly for about a year now, so I don't have much input but I have noticed one important thing; with hundreds of Mystery shopping companies out there, it's really a matchmaking game for shoppers. Since many shopping companies have specific niches or types of shops, you really just have to try one or two shops out with these companies, keep notes, and then narrow down your list of regular go to shops. I've found that I enjoy isecretshop, and three other companies (I don't feel comfortable mentioning them publicly) that I really enjoy doing work for on a weekly basis. There are a few other mystery shopping companies I want to work with because I really like to the shops they offer as well as pay, but after doing a handful of shops for them in the past, I've decided not to go forward with them because I'm not at all happy with their requirements/poor guidelines, horrible customer service /response time, as well as ridiculous nit-picking on reports that most of the time don't make sense to me. I've done reports for two specific companies that always offer these high paying shops near me and every time I complete their reports and submit them, they're sent back to me with at least 10 errors that are absolutely ridiculous and redundant. So I stopped do work for them unless they contact me specifically and offer a bonus lol.

Ivan
5 years +2 Ivan 944

Thanks for sharing Tara!

Fingers crossed that dozens more MSPs decide to use iSecretShop as their shopping platform, giving everyone here more choices!

Tara_NJ
5 years +1 Tara_NJ 178
I hope so too! Fingers crossed here as well!
Ivan @ Aug 21, 2018 2:28:25 PM
Thanks for sharing Tara!
Fingers crossed that dozens more MSPs decide to use iSecretShop as their shopping platform, giving everyone here more choices!

Norm
5 years +2 Norm 191

There is a lot of good information on this forum about MSP's and other things. What you won't find is MSP bashing, or poorly written comments about schedulers editors and companies or clients. That is not accepted on this forum, but creative expression is OK, as long as it helps each and every member of our community. We're all here to learn and grow, and be and become better secret shoppers.

Ivan
5 years +1 Ivan 944

Well said Norm! :)

Lindsay_15550804223465
4 years (Edited 4 years) +1 Lindsay_15550804223465 2

I have a bit of a different question. I started Mystery shopping about 10 years ago. When I started I went HOG WILD. I was doing at least 16 shops a week

Then I ran into health problems and began to become a little undependable

Some companies blocked me because of this. I had one company that I did over 200 shops in 2 years for them

I'm back years later and want to work a lot, but I am banned from a few companies

How can I get back in the loop?

About this thread. I once found out about posting negative stuff about companies. They don't treat you as good after they see your comments

Michael_15527186436033
4 years +1 Michael_15527186436033 27

I don't think it is unethical to discuss issues with shops or MSP's but I do agree that different shoppers will prefer different MSP's. I know that I am might be an older newbie but I know now which companies and shops that I prefer and don't prefer. From my experience, I have had really great experiences with some MSP's and some bad experiences with others along with the in-between crowd.

Reading this thread: