Weekly Points

Tara_NJ
6 years 0 Tara_NJ 178

I'm confused about the weekly leader board. Someone in my state got 1910 points last week. How is that possible? If you are given 20 points per shop, that would mean that person had to complete 95.5 shops. That doesn't add up either way. Can someone elaborate on how the weekly leaders' points are calculated? I was on it once at like number 4, but I forgot how many shops I did that week. Thank you!

Patrick_15178940317986
6 years 0 Patrick_15178940317986 74

Good question Tara, I was curious about that too.

HeatherAnnie
6 years 0 HeatherAnnie 54

Wow, that's a lot. You do get extra points for doing certifications, answering polls, etc... but I have no idea how you rack up that many in a week!

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

That is indeed a lot.

The certification courses do give more points than shops (the iSS 101 and 1SS 102 give about 125 points combined), but can only be done once.

My theory is that the person just completed A LOT of same type shops.

For example, I know of a lady that completed 30 price audit shops in one day. There were 6 shops available per location (that can be done simultaneously, in one visit), 5 different locations, and she took them all on and drove from one location to the other, spending about an hour or so at each. That was an unusual case, as it was a combination of weekly price audit shops and monthly ones, posted at the same time, so there was a bunch to complete.

Some retail shops (like those for cellphone recommendations), or some Gas Station or Parking shops are also often posted in large numbers every week/month, and shoppers who are experienced with them (and comfortable with doing many) take on a dozen or two dozen at a time.

So, if we combine doing a bunch of similar shops a few times a week with maybe some telephone/web shops that can be done from home, and maybe some opinion polls, it is technically possible to rack up that many points, although it honestly still blows my mind that someone is that active and efficient.

Hats off to that person whoever they are, but keep in mind that every week is a story of it's own, and one of these weeks I'm sure I'll see that "#1 on the Leaderbord" badge next to your names :)

Tara_NJ
6 years 0 Tara_NJ 178

I hope so! I try to request as many shops as I can each week, hopefully as my reputation rank increases, I'll be able to assign more shops at a time. Thanks for the information Ivan, it's greatly appreciated!

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

You're welcome! And good luck on your endeavors :)

Reading this thread: