Reputation Rank

Joanne
4 years +1 Joanne 4

Hi All,

Does anyone know how many ranks there are, i.e. what is the highest level/rank you can obtain. I have been doing this for a few years now and am at a rank of 4 but what is the highest rank you can get?

Thanks!

Joanne

Kevin_15027958065114
4 years (Edited 4 years) +1 Kevin_15027958065114 74

I am wondering about the ranking too. I don't understand how it is figured.

How do some people in you area have 3 times your point total when you basically have the same shops to chose from?

MFJohnston
4 years +1 MFJohnston 388

Kevin -

There are several reasons that some folks earn more weekly points than others - despite shopping in the same area...

* Some folks will work a larger area. For instance, I live in Seattle, but, in the last year, have completed shops in Oregon, California, South Dakota, Missouri, Illinois, Montana and Kansas.

* Some folks are assigned shops as a matter of routine each month as a part of professional relationships with schedulers.

Ivan
4 years +3 Ivan 944

Hi Joanne, Kevin,

To answer your question, the maximum level of the Reputation badge is level 10, and it's the only badge currently that goes up to that level - for all other badges, the maximum level is 5.

The shoppers at the highest levels of the Reputation badge are those that routinely complete large numbers of shops, and for many of them, secret shopping is a full-time occupation. They most often live in ares where large numbers of same, relatively low-effort shops are available regularly (gas station shops, compliance shops, price audits, etc.) - they then "specialize" in those, starting with a few at a time, and after a while completing dozens of them every week/month. On such shops, schedulers are comfortable assigning large numbers of them to a reliable shopper regularly, so they do sometimes assign the shops to a shopper directly, without making the shops visible on the Available Shops page.

Alternatively, there is also a cool scheduling feature in the system that some MSPs utilize - when setting up their shops, they can apply a scheduling rule allowing shoppers with a specific level of a specific badge to bypass their self-assign limit when self-assigning those shops. So, for example, if your Price Audit badge is at level 3 or higher, you can self-assign an unlimited number of their Price Audit shops.

Michael_D
4 years +1 Michael_D 4

I do a number of the shops I see, but I don't see that many. I thought there just weren't that many shops here but then someone from my area popped up on the leader board for the state. Apparently there are a lot more shops here than I thought. How do I get to see them?

Jason_CO
4 years +1 Jason_CO 17

Have you looked at the Web and Phone Shops section? For many of those shops you do not need to live in the local area where the assignment is located, instead they can be completed by anyone anywhere who wants to do the work. It is possible that the person who popped up on your leader board for the state had a good week completing these types of shops right from their couch! Also, as Ivan mentioned, there could very well be an existing relationship between a shopper in your area and various schedulers who might bypass posting the assignments entirely.

I hope that helps!

Michael_D
4 years +1 Michael_D 4

Hmm. Good points. Thanks for responding, Jason.

Maria_15495688202185
4 years +1 Maria_15495688202185 2

Hi, I usually do about 10 in a month, but not sure if this month they were not available or visible to me, I have been paying attention, and I was able to get only one. Did something happened this month or I just miss them completely, again I checked every day, different times during the day several times a day and nothing.

Ivan
4 years +1 Ivan 944

Hi Maria,

There could be various reasons for that - the MSP might have reduced the number of shops posted, some projects (or parts of projects) can get cancelled, other shoppers may have picked them up as soon as they were launched, or you may have even been restricted from seeing/doing those shops for any reason. The best way to know for sure would be to email the MSP and ask them.

Keith_14992888601511
4 years 0 Keith_14992888601511 11

To give you an idea, I am halfway through reputation level 7 and shop full time. At my progress rate, I do not expect to achieve level 10 for at least 5-6 more years. It takes a lot of shops to increase reputation level.

Reading this thread: