When a location uses a different address online vs. their website

Deb_in_NH
4 years 0 Deb_in_NH 9

I had a shop at an Aroma Joe's in Lee, NH. The AJ website lists Lee, NH - 71 Calef Highway (Rt. 128). Their receipt lists 120 Calef Highway in Lee, NH. I wish I could post the picture of the receipt here.

My shop was refused and I lost points because I went to the wrong location.

That is the only AJ's in Lee, NH. I tried to point this out but it fell on deaf ears.

Could a store use a different address to avoid paying for a shop?

120 Calef Highway is a parking lot down the street.

It is the only location in Lee, NH. I wonder what will happen when another shopper produces a receipt with 120 Calef Highway?

Guess I'm going to skip the AJ shops. Unfortunate because I love coffee.

Deb :(

Michele_15032031952719
4 years 0 Michele_15032031952719 362

Could there be a smaller location inside a Safeway or something?

Jerome_15629795188146
4 years 0 Jerome_15629795188146 11

I had a shop in downstate IL last month, a gas station convenience store, and it literally had 3 legitimate addresses. The MSC gave me one address, on the building it had another, and the receipt had a third address. What I did is make sure I had pictures showing the overall station and the address on the building. (The manager could not explain it either.) I went into detail on the report and explained it as best I could, and it was accepted.

Ivan
4 years 0 Ivan 944

Hi Deb,

There is no way for the MSP or their clients to "avoid paying" for a shop - due to the way the iSecretShop system is designed. The shop either gets approved (and the shopper paid) and they can use the data from it, or it is declined - and if it's declined, they do not have access to it in their reports and can't use any of the data.

If they declined the shop, they did so knowing they'd be at a loss - iSecretShop bills MSPs for every shop they post, plus they have to pay the schedulers and editors to find a new shopper and edit the new shop report...It's really not in their interest to decline, so they only do that when they have no other choice.

I'm not familiar with the specific circumstances of the shop, but if the location address that was listed on iSecretShop does not match the actual address or address on the receipt, I think should email the MSP (again) and let them know, and inquire about the possibility of having your points restored, and perhaps even getting compensated (again, I'm not sure about how things are with that shop, but it doesn't hurt to try).

Deb_in_NH
4 years +1 Deb_in_NH 9

Thanks for your reply Ivan,

I looked back in my prior shops at that location. The receipts all show '120' and the actual address is '71'. iSecretShop has '71' and the client lists '71' as the street address on their own website. I sent an email to the scheduler asking him to pull prior shops for that location and check the address on the receipt (I had a prior shop there, it also had a street address printed as '120' and not '71'). I did not hear back. I did notice that the payment is now scheduled (it was not there before).

Good to know that the client wasn't being strange. Not sure why they print '120' rather than '71' for their street address. <shrug>

Deb D.

Reading this thread: