Canceling my account

Nathan_16121530558478
3 years +1 Nathan_16121530558478 1

I need to know how to cancel and erase my account. Unfortunately getting payed TWO MONTHS after you do a shop is just ridiculous like a slap in the face this is terrible app and shopper outlet. Wow

Ivan
3 years +2 Ivan 944

Hi Nathan,

There are two ways you can do this - the first is to click on the Remove link at the bottom of a notification email sent to you by iSecretShop (any system-generated email should do, such as the ones about Available Opportunities), and then click the appropriate link at the bottom of the page to delete your account,

The second is to open a support ticket and request that your account be deleted, and the support team will delete it.

Please note that there are many different MSPs on iSecretShop, each with its own payment schedule, and many (most) of them make the payments in much less time than 2 months. Just something to consider.

MFJohnston
3 years +2 MFJohnston 388

Nathan - I would not be so quick to condemn iSS. Being paid 45-60 days after shop completion is very much the industry norm. There are some MSC's that pay more quickly - but that is nearly always balanced with *much* lower compensation levels.

Ivan is correct: iSS is nothing more than a platform that allows (mostly smaller) MSC's to advertise - larger MSC's tend to have their own job boards. Each MSC has it's own payment schedule, so the "delay" in payment has nothing to do with iSS. Most MSC's have a slow payment process because: 1) You do the shop. 2) The MSC approves the shop. 3) The MSC sends the shop to the client. 4) The client accepts the shops. 5) The client pays the MSC. 6) The MSC processes payment for the shopper........... Many clients process payments to the MSC in batches - they don't pay the client eveytime a single shop is approved, so, they will might not pay the MSC but on a two week or monthly cycle. Most MSC's process shopper payments once a month -so, there can be a multi-week delay between when the client pays the MSC and the MSC pays the shopper............... Some MSC's do offer faster payment, but this increases the expense to the MSC and, therefore, generally means lower shopper payments.

Yes, the slow payments take some patience on our parts. However, once you start finding your niche, it's really not a bad part-time gig at all.

Michele_15032031952719
3 years (Edited 3 years) 0 Michele_15032031952719 362

I agree. Individual requesters have their own timeline.

Reading this thread: