Unsure Newbie

Amber _15813956723328
4 years +1 Amber _15813956723328 1

I just signed up tonight, I have no clue where to begin! I've heard people talking in the past and they made good money is that true?? Can anyone share their experience from when they first started?? Thanks in advance to people who reply to help...

MFJohnston
4 years (Edited 4 years) +1 MFJohnston 388

Hello!

Yes, money can be made doing this... I've earned between $15,000 and $20,000 each of the past three years - and I only do this to augment my full time salary.... I did not make nearly as much my first year, but I had a lot to learn... This afternoon, I made three car wash visits using hidden video and spent about an hour writing up the reports. I earned $120 and will be reimbursed for the car washes.

First take not that, in this industry, your reliability, integrity, and ability to communicate is everything. If you take shops, but don't complete them - or do them poorly, you will struggle to keep picking up work. Do your shops on time and in accordance with the guidelines and you'll make money.

Once you are assigned a shop, read the guidelines carefully - take special note of anything you might have to bring back (receipts? business cards? brochures) or pictures you might need to take. Then, fill out the report online. After (usually) just a few days, the shop will be approved if you did a good shop. You do need to monitor email and voice messages in the meantime, in the event that the editors have questions. Thereafter, you will be paid. Payment can be as quick as a few hour or as long as several months, depending on the pay policy of the MSC.

You'll find that the world of mystery shopping is huge.

SethB
4 years +1 SethB 45

Hello and welcome! You can find a bunch of useful advice on the following forum thread: https://www.secretshopforum.com/thread/1/2/94/pro-tips-for-those-who-want-to-be-the-best-shoppers#post528

LINDA_14996614317791
4 years 0 LINDA_14996614317791 182

It is difficult to say if it is a lot of money....depends on your expectations. I have been doing this for three years and do not find it a lot of money. Most of the time I do the shops to pay for lifestyle purchases such as gas, groceries, clothing etc.

Reading this thread: