Get paid to take photos of menus (Ontario)

Patrick
5 years +1 Patrick 8

Can anyone tell me how is it possible to complete these mystery shops in Ontario that require us to visit restaurants & request to see all possible menus in order to take clear & complete photos (entire page) and walk away? Recent restaurants include: McDonalds, East Side Mario, Taco, Timonthy's Cafe, Baskin-Robbins etc.

Patrick_15178940317986
5 years +1 Patrick_15178940317986 74

I believe on those you are to look for all available menus and photograph the ones that are on display.

They want to know that the proper menus are being displayed in the proper manner.

I've not done any for this company but I've done similar ones with an app based mystery shopping company and that is

what they were looking for.

Patrick
5 years +1 Patrick 8

These mystery assignments require us to "request" to see all possible menus. They include fast food and sit in restaurants. The menus may be digitally displayed or in printed albums. How can someone just take photos and walk away. Will the restaurants actually let you take all the photos?

MFJohnston
5 years +3 MFJohnston 388

I did a few of these when I first started shopping and realized that they were not for me. Restaurants will let you look at menus and not make a purchase, especially if you planning a large family or business gathering... Fast food can be a bit trickier as the menu boards are often set up so that they can only be seen well if standing almost directly in front of them and in clear view of the employees at the counter. I've been kicked out of a couple of these places. :(

Norm
5 years +1 Norm 191

Yeah, I did a couple of those shops and didn't like them. I bought an item and dined while I read the menus and took the pictures. I had a grumpy manager who tossed the menus on the table and walked away. I got the idea that too many shoppers had been visiting and reported the matter to the MSP. They agreed and I have not seen that location posted for a while. Always talk to the MSP about these photo shops. They can be tricky. Hope this helps.

LINDA_14996614317791
5 years +1 LINDA_14996614317791 182

Sometimes these shops can be a little awkward. I have overcome that awkwardness by thinking, "Just do it!",

Michele_15032031952719
4 years 0 Michele_15032031952719 362

II have not done one of those yet.

Reading this thread: