Making up a complaint for a hotel visit

Anna_17084393066540
2 months 0 Anna_17084393066540 1

Hello everyone

I have done many visits, but I have recently been allocated a hotel stay where I have to invent an issue to see how they deal with a complaint. Just wondering what kinds of things people have used in this scenario?

Thanks

Jennifer_15143837423665
1 month +1 Jennifer_15143837423665 3

I haven't done a shop like the one you're doing, but I stay in a lot of hotels and find that the biggest issues I encounter are related to location (perhaps you don't like being next to the elevator or prefer to be closer to it), noise, cleanliness, hairdryer/coffee maker/etc. not working, heat/air conditioning issues.

If all else fails, I imagine "not being able to figure out the coffee maker" might count as a complaint and it's pretty benign while allowing the hotel to demonstrate how they might handle it.

Good luck :)

AZCross
1 month 0 AZCross 39

I normally do assisted living homes and apartments so some of the complaints I've used include:

• Lighting being too bright/dark due to the direction the window is facing
  • Strong smells
  • Traffic noise
  • Proximity to the ice maker/trash/parking/pool/kitchen
  • Worn/dirty carpet
  • Water pressure
  • Noisy AC unit
  • Room size
  • ADA compliance with doors being too narrow
  • Bathroom size / Lack of hand rails / Loose Towel racks / Slippery floors
  • Dust

Some are fairly big complaints, some the hotel can't really do much about but as Jennifer said it's more just to see if they address the issue and try to overcome it or just tell you sorry our spot is just a terrible place.

Reading this thread: