Penalized for being sick?

rake713
4 years 0 rake713 4

Hi there,

Only a week and half in to this new company for mystery shopping - been over 10 years since I was last active through other companies.

I signed up for a shop that had certain physical requirements (workout) but I was sick that morning and emailed the contact to let them know I was unable to complete the shop since I was sick.

They cancelled it and then penalized me and took away points I accumulated for a different completed shop. Do the contacts not care if you actively reach out to them for a legitimate reason for not completing it? I understand getting penalized for canceling or no-showing without reaching out to anyone.

Any way to contact someone higher up to remove the penalization?

MFJohnston
4 years 0 MFJohnston 388

Every MSC is different. For the most part, if you are ill and contact the scheduler - with an offer to reschedule, you'll be fine. For the most part, schedulers understand that life happens. Of course, they will all have limited patience if somebody is frequently sick as their jobs depend on them not just getting shops scheduled, but completed.

I do find that, if I find an MSC that is difficult to work with at that level, I simply choose not to do so.

rake713
4 years 0 rake713 4

Thank you! I reached out to them again for more assistance and they reversed the negative points as they did locate the email I sent them about being sick.

MFJohnston
4 years 0 MFJohnston 388

Great!

Michele_15032031952719
4 years 0 Michele_15032031952719 363
rake713 @ Jul 3, 2019 9:11:47 PM
Hi there,

Only a week and half in to this new company for mystery shopping - been over 10 years since I was last active through other companies.

I signed up for a shop that had certain physical requirements (workout) but I was sick that morning and emailed the contact to let them know I was unable to complete the shop since I was sick.

They cancelled it and then penalized me and took away points I accumulated for a different completed shop. Do the contacts not care if you actively reach out to them for a legitimate reason for not completing it? I understand getting penalized for canceling or no-showing without reaching out to anyone.

Any way to contact someone higher up to remove the penalization?

How [popular is this type of shop?I often request or schedule the day the shop is so I havent run into that problem yet.

Reading this thread: