My first few shops

Patrick_15178940317986
6 years 0 Patrick_15178940317986 74

Well I just went out on my 3rd shop, Lamps Plus purchase / return. I finished the purchase portion and completed the right parts of the report. I have to wait a day or two then return the item purchased and finish the shop. My other two have been approved and payment is pending. Woohoo!!

Lamps Plus is a bit challenging but I got thru it quite well. I'm ready for another assignment, maybe a pizza shop. I like free food. :)

HeatherAnnie
6 years 0 HeatherAnnie 54

That's great! The return visits on those shops are a breeze. I'm glad to hear you're off to a good start.

If you're looking for free pizza, check out Bare International. Be forewarned though, they require excellent quality photos for the report.

Patrick_15178940317986

I did do a few shops years ago, was helping my Mom who was a shopper. Little Ceasers was very extensive and needed very good pics as well.

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

Wow Patrick, hats off to you for taking on a Lamps Plus shop so early on. It's one of the most challenging ones I've encountered - the scenario is very detailed, there's a lot of stuff to remember. I think other shops will be a breeze to you :)

Patrick_15178940317986
6 years (Edited 6 years) 0 Patrick_15178940317986 74

Thank you, it was fun.

I did that on the 2nd of this month and it's still in review. Is that normal for this shop?

Hey all, just finalized my 6th shop....lets hope it is accepted like the others so far...

I think I'm getting the hang of this ....

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

Yeah, Lamps Plus shops take longer to review than any other shop I know of...they go through multiple levels of review before finally being approved and forwarded to the client - and there's a lot of them done in the first few days of every month, so they can take a while :)

No worries though - if it wasn't returned for more info or (God forbid) declined in the first week or so, it is most likely perfectly fine :)

Patrick_15178940317986

Yeah I've been watching my inbox with my fingers crossed. I figured it was a long review process because of the complexity of the report.

I finally got a phone shop under my belt. That was very fun to do.

Now the shops are getting further from home, and having limited transportation (mainly my mountain bike) is a challenge.

Like everything else, I will figure it out and run with it.

Ivan
6 years (Edited 6 years) 0 Ivan 944

Well, the good news is that we are at the end of the month, and the end of a quarter, which means that tons of shops should be posted soon, or are already being posted - so keep an eye on that Available Shops page, something interesting (and nearby) is bound to be in soon. :)

Patrick_15178940317986

It was approved, finally. I'm 6 for 6 now and have been paid on my first two.

Now to just get some new shops after the 1st.....

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

Nice going! You're started out great :)

Here's a little tip that may help you out - keep an eye on shops that are posted in bulk, like cellphone shops, price audit shops, parking shops, gas stations... if you have them in you area of course. The "competition" for those can be tough sometimes (some regular shoppers are doing them by the dozens every week or two), but it's not as tough as on the Telephone/Web shops, and they are usually slightly better paid. You can take on several of those in a single day, and the reports are mostly brief and easy to fill out, so if you get into a routine of doing those weekly, you'll be hitting high ranks pretty quickly :)

Cheers!

Reading this thread: