How to decide if a shop is worth the time

Wise_Man
5 years 0 Wise_Man 2

Thanks for the help

LINDA_14996614317791
5 years 0 LINDA_14996614317791 182

Hi there Maureen!

I would still do a $9 shop if I planned to be in the area and would have extra time or if there were at least three of the $9 shops very close to each other. Otherwise I would not drive from home to do a $9 shop.

Devonna
4 years 0 Devonna 3

I determine if it’s worth my depending on the amount of pay, when the payout day is because depending on who u working for the payout day may be 45 days after approved and no one wants to wait that long for example for 6 or 10. Also the question forum if you are doing a $4 or $7 and they got you answering 50 something question it is not worth it

Diana_WA
4 years +2 Diana_WA 2

Very good question... My general rule is I will do any shop once, and then after the visit and report I determine if it would be worth doing again in the future. I keep an excel file with all my jobs, dates, etc in a list. And I make note in my comments if it was worth the time.

I do some jobs even if there is no pay, for example a meal reimbursement only, if it is really good and I add it to my route during a meal time. I have been doing mys shops for over 12 years so my general criteria is my route has to pay me $30 to $40 per hour. This would include maybe 4 to 5 shops average in a day and I dont do more than 2 or 3 days per week.

I also try to avoid shop reports that require tons of narrative because I've spent too many nights fighting to get them submitted by midnight and after a busy day the mind is not clear enough to roll out an understandable, clear narrative.

I'm curious to see what others take is on this??

LINDA_14996614317791
4 years +1 LINDA_14996614317791 182

I agree with Diana about the long narratives. After a long day, it is difficult to face a report with long narratives. Those reports were not worth it per hour for me.

Ivan
4 years +1 Ivan 944

That's some good thinking!

The benefit of those low-paying shops is that they are usually quick and easy to do, and multiple ones can be done in a day - some of the highest earning shoppers simply do tons of those "small" shops every week, so the earnings add up quite a bit :)

Tara_15445917929150
4 years 0 Tara_15445917929150 2

The shops themselves are not that long it’s getting home at night and completing the report that makes $9 not really worth it.

That being said, I still do quite a lot, especially if they are in an area I am already going. As a new shopper I have done quite a few of these for the $9 before I started seeing a higher pay for the same assignments.

Reading this thread: