Buy one beer between 5:30 A.M. - 8:30 A.M.

Tammy_15054908948087
6 years 0 Tammy_15054908948087 4

Who buys a single beer at a gas station between 5:30 A.M. - 8:30 A.M.? I imagine ONLY Secret Shoppers do that.

Susan_15031623545437
6 years 0 Susan_15031623545437 12

I REALLY have JUST started mystery shopping and am having a hard time jumping in. I did one right before the hurricane came (Irma, I am in Fl), and I thought I had one set up to do this week but I cannot locate it. I have been doing my research on my phone. It seems easier and quicker even though I have to actually do most of the paperwork/ pictures on the laptop. I know that I am just anxious to get the ball rolling, but I need a mystery pal to assure me until I get the first couple under my belt. Any resources you can recommend? Oh, and I would not have any problem buying beer at a convenience store, but have not seen that one!.....SC

Ivan
6 years +1 Ivan 944

Tammy,

That is indeed one of the more...unusual shops I have encountered. :) But I'm sure there are very solid reasons it exists - there are matters such as integrity that need to be verified 24/7, and that many companies check by creating shops like that.

And Susan, even though this forum is only a few months old, the community is amazing, it's growing by the day, and there is some pretty useful stuff you can find here, so please feel free to spend some time exploring, and don't hesitate to ask whatever you want!

You can also use the Ticket button on the iSecretShop website to ask any questions about the system itself or for any clarifications on the general concept of how everything works. If you have some questions about any specific shop, you can always reach out to the MSP that posted it and they will be happy to assist you.

I hope this helps!

Susan_15031623545437
6 years 0 Susan_15031623545437 12

Thanks for the encouragement

Wassim
6 years 0 Wassim 56

Hey Tammy

You are so funny! Yes I, myself, will not buy a beer from a gas station, during the early morning hours, and I am a MSer, so even that gets in the way.

I guess this type of assignment has to do, as Ivan said, with covering all shifts, or they may have identified a discrepancy during these tims so they need to check up on things. I had to eat ice cream on some of San Francisco's coldest days last winter. And I had two or sometimes three ice cream servings per day. I enjoyed the first one, but the others I left most of ithem to waste.

Our line of work is filled with inconsistencies, that is what makes it so interesting. Now you have to buy me a beer!

kylie
6 years 0 kylie 1

I just signed up on this site and Im having trouble finding the jobs to apply for. Can someone help me?

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

Hi Kylie,

When you go to the Available Shops page, you should be able to see all open shops in your immediate area that you can do.

If you want to see more shops, you can set the search distance filter (in the upper-left corner of the Available Shops page, above the map) to 50 or 100 miles, and click the search button (a small magnifying glass symbol in that same row) - that will show you the available shops in the wider area around you.

Also, there is the Telephone & Web Shops page, where you can find shops that can be done from anywhere.

If you are still not seeing any shops, I suggest opening a support ticket to iSecretShop to have them check your profile for shops in your area - there are some areas where there may not be any shops at some point, so it doesn't hurt to check.

Good luck with your shops, and welcome! :)

Yevgeniy
6 years 0 Yevgeniy 5

Thanks for the encouragement guys and gals.

Tara_NJ
6 years (Edited 6 years) 0 Tara_NJ 178

I've never seen a shop for buying beer in the am, maybe it's where I live. But I'd buy one as long as I didn't have to drink it right then and there lol! Otherwise I'd be so tired all day. :)

Pam_15183678354884
6 years 0 Pam_15183678354884 1

What company do I need to sign up under to see Telphone and web shops? Nothing comes up when I click on it. Plus, does everyone sign all companies contracts? I am new to this so thank you in advance.

Reading this thread: