How to be a shopping scout?

Bobbie_16707814197747
1 year +2 Bobbie_16707814197747 1

I don't do allot of shops. But there is ones that are always close to me for like an inventory type thing. But, when I request it. It tells me I have to be shipping about certified. What is that exactly?

Michele_15032031952719
1 year (Edited 1 year) +1 Michele_15032031952719 363

I don’t know what that is myself. I thought it might be an app.

I don’t know what that is myself. I thought it might be an app.

Shari_16708167066712
1 year +2 Shari_16708167066712 1

Wondering the same thing.

FrankieXander_WC
1 year +1 FrankieXander_WC 5

I just starting doing the price audit/shopping scout stuff for Bare International. However, it's been about 5 years and I've only just been given the opportunity. I used to apply religiously for these missions from Bare and well, now I'm finally doing it. lol. Anyways, I am quite enjoying it for the most part so far. (:

Brenda_16857668888699
8 months 0 Brenda_16857668888699 4

What I've learned about it is that we would go into a big box store and scan/take pics of around 1,800 products/prices. One of the sites I looked at said it takes anywhere from 8 hours as a newbie down to four hours for more experienced scouters.

Hope that helps!

:)

Rix
8 months +5 Rix 1

Hello Everyone!

Just like some of you, I signed up for Secrete Shopping a long time ago... Yet, nothing was available then, or it was stuff I could not do.

I have been doing the big Scanning Shops, now that I am a Real Estate Broker and have the time. (Just Starting My Career).

Usually, it is Costco and you do 1900 items from Thursday to Saturday with a bonus for how quickly you get it done.

I just purchased some shirts that say "I am a Realator, Ask Me for My Card".

None of the employees have asked Me what I am doing yet. A few customers have asked questions.

Usually asking where to find something. When I was at the wine, they were asking recommendations.

I do let them know that I do not work there, but I do still try to help them out.

The project helps Me in two ways... Extra funds while I start My Career... Plus, I might get a new client for Real Estate.

It is also a great cover if Employees ever do ask what I am doing. "Acting like I am scanning to run into people who might be interested in Real Estate".

First, you must do the training at https://issprep.com/shopper/user/login

Training is rather simple and easy, does not take too long.

Keep in mind, you are on your feet the whole time with concrete flooring. Your camera can take a bit to focus on the scans.

My first one, took Me Thursday, Friday, and a couple hours on Saturday.

My last one, I managed to start at 1:20 PM, finish by 8:30 PM.

The difference, well... PAY ATTENTION IN THE TRAINING!! lol

I was over doing it, entering much more information than needed. Sucking up a lot of time.

Each time I do one, I am improving and figuring out more and more tricks to help.

It can be hard on the body, and personally I have a bad knee. It takes a beating.

Doing it in one day, I was in pain and took a 3 hour bath afterwards.

Tomorrow, is the First Week that I am doing 2 Stores. My goal, is to finish both of them on Thursday.

Makes the money worth it more and I have planned some things to help along the way.

If everyone likes, I would be happy to share what works and doesn't work with the next two. Just let Me know.

Michelle_15393497238354
7 months 0 Michelle_15393497238354 3

Question do you have to be a Costco member? How difficult is the test? Thankyou for the tips and advice ;)

Kindly,

Michelle

Ann_16584965254632
7 months +1 Ann_16584965254632 3

Hi Rix

RE: the Scanning shops: would like to know what works and what does not work. Any information you can share would be most appreciated!

Kind regards

Ann

Joshua_16876948868169
7 months 0 Joshua_16876948868169 1

How do do I be come scout citified?

kindly

Joshua

Nina
7 months +2 Nina 8

Hello, if anybody in this thread is still interested in these shops... To get started, BES offers a free, one-hour, "New Auditor Certification Session" every Tuesday at 3:30 pm Pacific/4:30 Mountain/5:30 Central/6:30 Eastern. During the session, they will go over what is expected during these shops. If you cannot attend a live presentation, they also offer a self-guided process (that you can take at any time). Once you have completed the free course and passed the test, you will become certified, which will allow you to request these shops through iSS.

If you have any additional inquiries, please feel free to reach out to the primary project coordinators:

Michael Ginnetti

Project Coordinator

Business Evaluation Services

Direct Phone: (330) 333-4221

Email: michael@mysteryshopperservices.com

Jordan Neal

Project Coordinator

Business Evaluation Services

Direct Phone: (661)-336-2724

Email: Jordan@mysteryshopperservices.com

Reading this thread: