Intouch Insight fraudulently declining shops

Poll: Has Intouch Insight ever denied a shop of yours for fraudulent reasons?

Select 1 answer:

0 No
94%
0 Yes
7%
Jacob_OC
5 years 0 Jacob_OC 4

Has anyone else had issues with Intouch Insight declining jobs for false reasons?

I've had a shop declined twice now because "you did not provide the correct receipt as asked.", but both times I included the receipt from the shop, the first time I figured maybe something went wrong or I uploaded a receipt from a previous shop so I triple checked and submitted it again, but two days later it was declined for the same reason.

Its not a whole lot of money, but I feel like its more the principle of the thing. I did the work and they're denying me my pay for fraudulent reasons, and now the score on my account is suffering as well which will impact future shops for me.

Has this happened to any of you? I'm starting to consider just avoiding shops from this company, but they post the most in my region so it would really suck if I had to stop taking jobs from them because getting paid will be a gamble

MFJohnston
5 years +2 MFJohnston 388

This seems strange. No company wants to reject shops: When they do, they need to seek out another shopper to do them. In other word, they don't get paid if you don't get paid. Have you contacted somebody directly to figure out what the issue might be? Things that come to mind as possibilities (sorry I don't know you, the situation, etc., so I can only speculate): I have know of all of the following to happen..

* You submitted a credit car receipt instead of the itemized receipt?

* The receipt is blurry and difficult to read?

* The receipt is fine, but the photo is blurry?

* The receipt is from the incorrect location?

* There is a glitch in the system preventing a proper uploads?

In any case, having a direct exchange with the editor should help to clear up the issue, whatever it might be. InTouch Insight is a reputable company and not known to try to intentionally rip off shoppers. There is likely some logical issue or explanation for this.

Jacob_OC
5 years 0 Jacob_OC 4

Yeah, I finally got in touch with someone on their end and she confirmed that the receipt matches everything and should have been fine. She said the only thing she can think of is maybe the date was a bit blurry but she was able to read it just fine and confirm that it matched, so she wasn't really sure either. Apparently they usually ask for a clearer photo if its too hard to read anyway, so it might have just been a small mistake on their end somewhere. Its a bit strange that it was declined twice in a row for the same reason despite this, but I guess I've sent some emails and the lady I spoke with on the phone sent a few as well, so fingers crossed that it all gets sorted out by Monday. Its a relief to hear that this isn't common though, I'm sure you guys can all relate to the unease of doing freelance work like this via the internet since there are so many scams out there.

Sounds like this will all get sorted out though and I won't have to worry too much about it, which is good because so far I've enjoyed working for Intouch Insight and was honestly surprised to run into this issue in the first place.

MFJohnston
5 years +3 MFJohnston 388

I'm glad it worked out. Editors are human, too....

Everything on iSS is legitimate, so you should be "safe" with any work you find here.

Jacob_OC
5 years 0 Jacob_OC 4

Yeah, I'm not too-too worried. Everyone makes mistakes so its not a huge issue, I'm just glad I was finally able to get in touch with someone and get a heads up on what the situation was. I had tried calling all of their numbers and sending emails prior to making this thread but got no answers as it seemed no one was in the office today, so I started getting a bit worried and figured I'd ask in here to see if this was a common thing. I'm very glad that it isn't though, sounds to me like it was just a simple mistake so it should get all patched up early next week.

The thread could probably be locked or deleted if thats alright as well, sounds like this isn't a common issue at all so I wouldn't want to give new shoppers the idea that Intouch Insight is untrustworthy. Once I actually got in touch with someone my questions were answered very quickly and professionally and I look forward to working with them again in the future :)

Judy_15534010607188
5 years 0 Judy_15534010607188 1

I have had the same thing happen to me. I submitted both receipts and they said I did not. I got a email saying I was not getting paid because I did not submit the receipts and I did 2 times and then a 3rd time I attached to email and never heard back and it is not showing on my account as ever done now. I’m calling Monday. I’m out 20 something dollars.

Tara_NJ
5 years 0 Tara_NJ 178

Hi Judy and Jacob, I've done quite a few shops for them and can honestly say I've never ran into an issue. I've done lots of shops where I had to submit receipts to them. I would definitely review with the scheduler what was unacceptable about your receipt first. Just ask what wasn't OK about it. Then take it from there. Maybe the store you shopped recently changed their types of receipts or something? I'm only asking because for two people to have the same problem at the same time is odd. Good luck and can you keep us posted? I suggest maybe changing the main title to the post though because it's inferring that this MSP is acting in a fraudulent way and I'm sure that's not the case. Good luck though!

Andrea_15538301003740
4 years +1 Andrea_15538301003740 1

I I work with Meghan Taylor of insight in touch on a regular basis and have never had a shop declined or refused. I actually have made most of the money that I have ever learned from their company and have never had a problem.

Michele_15032031952719
4 years 0 Michele_15032031952719 362

You mean the photo of the receipt is blurry?

Didnt_you_get_hacked
4 years (Edited 4 years) +2 Didnt_you_get_hacked 7
MFJohnston @ Mar 22, 2019 4:52:39 PM

This seems strange. No company wants to reject shops: When they do, they need to seek out another shopper to do them.

You must be new to the world of mystery shopping.

Once they have your report, they can provide it to the client, and then tell YOU that it wasn't done right.

There's a company that specializes in apartment reviews that has been busted for this several times over. One of their defenses is that they also give you a poor rating on a perfect review. I literally have been told that I 'Shopped the wrong targeted leasing agent" when I have screen captures of the original guidelines with her name on it, a copy of her business card, and I even got the woman in question to take a selfie with me!

Reading this thread: