Disgruntled Walmart employees interfering with shop

CantGETright
1 year +1 CantGETright 6

Has anybody else had any issues with Walmart staff and plain clothes LP being too intrusive and seemingly attempting to make the shop as uncomfortable as possible? They basically ran me out of the store. I had management talking about how annoying secret audits were and employees lurking literally right next to me the entire time and invading my personal space it was ridiculous!

Sheridan_16763180124433
1 year +3 Sheridan_16763180124433 2

I tell them I do price comparison for instacart

they usually leave me alone

CantGETright
1 year +2 CantGETright 6
Sheridan_16763180124433 @ Mar 6, 2023, 4:11:05 PM
I tell them I do price comparison for instacart
they usually leave me alone

Ah, I see! Good to know, good to know. I completed half of the audit which took me atleast a half hour (it was a 150 item scan) but unfortunately a plain clothes gentleman obviously working their LP dept was so creepy and intrusive that I had to tell him his actions were predatory and lightweight harassment. This guy lingered with me regardless of what isle I was in and was just openly looking at my phone screen. I told him, “You’re doing too much, I am obviously not a shoplifter and you are too close for my comfort you guys are outta pocket!” I wasn’t carrying a purse or wearing a jacket so it’s not like they could’ve assumed I was concealing and planning to steal merch, plus my shopping cart privileges were revoked. (they snatched my shopping cart away from me mid shop) I had management follow me around purposely talking out loud so I could hear them
complain about how annoying secret audits and the people who carried the audits out were, how we were worse than the “regulars” and he even tried to say he recognized me! -Which was particularly funny to me being that this was first audit ever at a Walmart and I had never even been to that location! I had 2 other employees physically bump into me while obviously staring at my phone screen and several others gawk and offer their 2 cents out loud to one another making it obvious it was directed towards me. This was a small location and a big audit all within the automotive dept so although it did call for discretion, discretion was practically impossible. I had never felt more unwelcome or targeted in my entire life anywhere. The LP guy was so creepy, had I been a patron I wdve maced him and called for security. He was practically breathing down my neck the entire time. I finally called it quits after a half an hour and reported it to the contact who offered to extend the assignment through the weekend so I had better opportunity to complete. I am never going in to that location again tho! I cancelled and was stripped of all my points. I like your improvisation there tho! I’ve also read that they are less likely to gang up on us if we bring in a significant other to buffer them out. Power in numbers I guess…. I doubt I’ll ever attempt an audit at a Walmart again unless the compensation proves to be rewarding enough to be objectified by the Walmart employee sideshowfreak circus.

Michele_15032031952719
1 year (Edited 1 year) +1 Michele_15032031952719 363

I started doing one of these shops but there were so many items with hidden signs and behind a locked glass door I would have had to ask an employee the price on many of these, making it next to impossible to be “discreet”.

I won’t do any more of these types of shops. Way too many things to do to be discreet.

Peggy_15081269708028
9 months (Edited 9 months) +1 Peggy_15081269708028 1

I won't do them—too much hassle.

But a Ross location called the cops on a gal that worked in my town. I talked her into joining mystery shopping, and she called me freaked out. She did not have the LOA that was provided. I accepted a shop to get the LOA and ran it to her. They had her in handcuffs and were reading her rights. They accused her of shoplifting; I explained to the officer what she was doing and that it happens every month at this location. But they tried to say they had never heard of it, and the officer said, "Well, I need you to get so and so on the phone because if what they are saying is true, you two are in a sh*t load of trouble." They got the person on the line, and oh, the shouting happened when they were arrested for filing a false police report.

Immolatrix
9 months +1 Immolatrix 31
Peggy_15081269708028 @ Jun 30, 2023, 2:04:28 AM
I won't do them—too much hassle.

But a Ross location called the cops on a gal that worked in my town. I talked her into joining mystery shopping, and she called me freaked out. She did not have the LOA that was provided. I accepted a shop to get the LOA and ran it to her. They had her in handcuffs and were reading her rights. They accused her of shoplifting; I explained to the officer what she was doing and that it happens every month at this location. But they tried to say they had never heard of it, and the officer said, "Well, I need you to get so and so on the phone because if what they are saying is true, you two are in a sh*t load of trouble." They got the person on the line, and oh, the shouting happened when they were arrested for filing a false police report.

Something's fishy about this story. First of all, why did they arrest her, with handcuffs and reading her rights, if she was not concealing any unpaid merchandise? What exactly were "they saying" that would get you BOTH into trouble? And who exactly was arrested for filing a false police report? Normally in a situation like this, they'll just say it was a misunderstanding and they certainly don't arrest the complainant when it's a *business*, especially if the shopper actually did not have the LOA. There are definitely key details missing from this story.

Reading this thread: