Questions regarding using the app vs my laptop for shops

Lauri
6 years (Edited 6 years) 0 Lauri 8

Hello everyone!

Im hoping a”seasoned” mystery shopper can help me with a few questions:

** By default, do jobs “near me” show up or are they categorized by where I live (such as my address)??

**I’ve seen shops indicating they are “recorded” and “not recorded.” If the shop is “recorded,” where do I find the correct phone number to call so I can be sure I don’t call the wrong number and mess up? I’m referring to a shop that only requires a phone call and not a visit.

**The badge in the upper corner...what does this refer to?

**If I need to change my email address, I was told I could not do it from the app. Is this correct? I would like to input another address just for mystery shopping but can’t find where to do it.

**Does the app and website automatically save your information you input or do you have to repeatedly save what you input in? I’m assuming you need to save, but this video I watched got me a little confused on this. Just want to make sure I don’t mess up. LOL

If anyone has answers to my questions; it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a million!

LS

Of note: I see where I can change my PayPal address to reflect my new email ; however, I have yet to find where I can make a change to my current email address.

Any help is most appreciated! Thanks!! :)

Ivan
6 years +1 Ivan 944

Hello Lauri! Those are great questions!

Let's see if I can help :)

1. On the website, the available shops page will show you the shops closest to your listed home address, On the app, if you have your location services turned on, it will by default show you shops closest to your current location.
  2. For recorded phone shops, your can find the correct number to dial on the Guidelines tab.
  3. If you are referring to the red badge with a bell sign in it - it means that you have a notification/request for attention from editors or schedulers. When you click on it, it should open the message, and when you reply it should go away. You can also find those notifications under "Shopper Announcements" on the website.
  4. To change your email address, simply log into iSecretShop.com (or the app) and go to your Profile Tab. You can change your email in the very first section of the form. Just enter your new email address and hit save. Once you save your new email address, an email will be sent to your new email asking you to confirm your email address. Click the link, and your email address will be successfully updated.
  5. You need to save every time you make updates to your shop report, whether you use the app or the website.

I hope this helps!

Lauri
6 years (Edited 6 years) 0 Lauri 8

Ivan,

Thanks a million! That’s a tremendous help. I will look to you for answers if I have further questions!

Blessings!

Lauri

I have other questions for any “seasoned” shoppers on here. First, I really would like to get a few of these web/telephone shops that have been offered. After requesting a few, I got no response so I opted to contact the schedulers to see if they would assign any to me. I was declined by one company per the MSP.

I did receive a quick reply, which was nice. Do the requests automatically always “fall off” your Shop Requests folder once you’re declined by a company??

Second, any advice on how I can get these assignments would be helpful. I’ve taken the ISS 101 and 102 as well as that Mystery Shopper certification for $9.95 ISS offered. I’ve passed all 3.

In the extended profile section indicates an area where it asks if you have a silver or gold certification. Is this the same thing as what I paid to take for $9.95 and, if not, where in my profile can I indicate that Ive attempted to educate myself on this sort of thing and passed??

Any help here is appreciated!

LS

I have other questions for any “seasoned” shoppers on here. First, I really would like to get a few of these web/telephone shops that have been offered. After requesting a few, I got no response so I opted to contact the schedulers to see if they would assign any to me. I was declined by one company per the MSP.

I did receive a quick reply, which was nice. Do the requests automatically always “fall off” your Shop Requests folder once you’re declined by a company??

Second, any advice on how I can get these assignments would be helpful. I’ve taken the ISS 101 and 102 as well as that Mystery Shopper certification for $9.95 ISS offered. I’ve passed all 3.

In the extended profile section indicates an area where it asks if you have a silver or gold certification. Is this the same thing as what I paid to take for $9.95 and, if not, where in my profile can I indicate that Ive attempted to educate myself on this sort of thing and passed??

LS

LS

HeatherAnnie
6 years 0 HeatherAnnie 54

The web and telephone shops are competitive and get snapped up quickly. Just keep applying whenever new ones are posted.

Once a company declines your application, it will immediately drop off your requests.

Ivan
6 years +1 Ivan 944

Hi Lauri,

Yes, when your requests are declined they drop off the requests page. When they are approved, they show up on the Assigned shops page, and you get an email notifying you that a shop was assigned to you. You also have the option to turn on email notifications for declined requests, although it's set to "Off" by default since requests are quite often declined.

As for the advice on getting those shops, here are a couple of things:

Firstly, keep in mind that for Web/Telephone shops there is always a very large demand (like a dozen or two dozen shoppers request each one within hours of them being posted), so it can take a bit of persistence to get them.

Here's a couple of things you can do to increase your chances of having your requests approved:

-Request shops for the soonest available dates - for example, if a shop is available for any day next week, requests for Monday will be the first ones the schedulers see, and the first ones they approve (as they want their shops done as soon as possible), so requesting for the earliest date increases your chances of getting a shop.

-Check the Available Shops regularly, and read the emails from the schedulers or the iSS system - A LOT of shops gets grabbed within hours of being posted, so it's good to be one of the first shoppers that requests them.

-Once you submit your request, then try emailing the MSP. Let them know you've requested the shops, and that you'd very much like a chance to do them, etc, etc. Can't hurt to try. :)

-Try doing a few "regular" shops first, different kinds. It will grant you experience, and also some specialty badges, which will make you stand out a bit more to schedulers. When they see a request from a shopper that had experience in a few different types of shops, they will be more inclined to approve the requests.

As for the certifications and courses - first of all, congratulations on taking and passing all 3 of those! It should give you a pretty good idea of how everything works, and you've received shopper points as a reward too.

The "silver or gold certification" question on the Extended Profile does not refer to the courses on iSSprep. Instead, it refers to the MSPA certification level. Silver and Gold certifications are available on the MSPA website. They also have a number of other courses which can be interesting to take, but keep in mind that those are a separate thing from courses on iSSprep, they do not give you shopper points, and might not directly relate to shops available on the iSecretShop system.

I hope this answers your questions!

Cheers!

Patrick_15178940317986
6 years 0 Patrick_15178940317986 74

I finally got a phone shop for a funeral home. Just keep requesting, you'll get one eventually. I think if they see you are really wanting one (putting in a ton of requests) they will give you a shot.

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

Yep - persistence is the mother of success! :)

Norm
5 years +1 Norm 191

A continuous, and consistent record of approved shops is also of great value. Once schedulers and editors see your good work, then it will become much easier to get those web and phone shops. Hope this helps

Reading this thread: