Shop Declined - System failed to record call!

Poll ends: 4 years Poll: Have you not been paid on a job done it’s entirety?

Select 1 answer:

0 Yes
67%
0 No
34%
Christina_15608128782843
4 years +1 Christina_15608128782843 6

I am extremely upset because I did a three step shop and I was told that the phone call at the beginning of the shop was not completed! I did in fact call following the instructions to have the call recorded. I’ve done many assignments where you must call a number to have the call recorded so I am most definitely familiar with this process. I absolutely do not feel as though it is my fault to be penalized for an error on their end! Again, I did this three-step process $70 assignment which was time consuming, as well as I wasted my time and gas money! I was just notified that I will not be getting the pay! No I am hesitant to do any additional work for this company!

Michael_15527186436033
4 years +1 Michael_15527186436033 27

I have had the same problem with not getting paid for shops that I did but that is how things work. You could contact the scheduler to see if the IT people can recover the recorded phone call and to see if there is anyway to get full or partial payment. Also, the scheduler might be able to give you back any points that were deducted from your ratings.

I know how you feel about this. I have had shops declined too for things to where I don't work for certain companies. Hopefully, you can get the issue resolved so you can get full payment.

Ivan
4 years +2 Ivan 944

Hi Christina,

Michael is right - you should first contact the scheduler and see if the call can be recovered, and/or if they would restore your lost points.

The iSecretShop system tracks pretty much everything in the activity logs, from the time you logged in that day, every time you make any updates to the shop report (including uploading any files, starting and completing recorded phone calls, etc), to when you submitted the report. If the activity logs show that a recorded phone call was started, but files are missing, the folks in the IT department then go in and make attempts to recover the file(s) on the back end.

Joan_15610489226884
4 years 0 Joan_15610489226884 5

They seem to find a lot of ways not to pay. I did a store where I had to go to each dept and ask questions. It was a small grocery store and walking around asking everyone their name or staring at everyone’s name tags would have been weird. I took excellent photos and answered every question. The instructions specifically said “record the name or a description of who you spoke to in each dept.) They wanted me to go back and get the name of everyone I spoke to and I told them that they could bite it.

I followed their instructions perfectly and got no pay and a low rating - I think I’m done being ripped off. Good luck to you!

Christina_15608128782843
4 years (Edited 4 years) 0 Christina_15608128782843 6

We don’t want to look obvious right? I actually went to a sandwich shop yesterday and I couldn’t see their name tags either and as I was leaving, I thought well if they need a name for the employees then I will just be honest and say I didn’t want to look obvious but I got lucky. I’m just come to learn that if I missed anything, I’m not going to be paid. I read the instructions and surveys over and over before I go. I’m just mad that I did that with the one that I was upset about and they are saying I didn’t call their specific # to record the shop when I did. I put in the call ID and everything. Also, the direct # to the business wasn’t on my survey at all and I didn’t look it up. And on top of it, it paid $70!

I looked online and found a few apps that allow you to record the call however each one was approx $15 a month and that’s just too expensive. I would of paid $30 for the year tops.

Does anyone know if that feature is already available on an iPhone XR?

MFJohnston
4 years +3 MFJohnston 388

I use an app called "Call Recorder" for my iPhone 8x when I need to record a call. If I remember correctly, the app if free, but you pay for usage. I haven't put money on it in almost two years, so I don't remember the cost - but I'm pretty cheap, so it wasn't much.

I've used quite a few different call-recording systems (iSS, Sassie, ShopMetrics, Prophet,...) and every time there has been a problem with the system, my call simply did not go through, so I knew there was an issue right away. I've never had one connect me and fail to record...

MSC's don't look for ways not to pay: When they don't pay you, they don't get paid for the shop at all. Plus, they have to find somebody else to do it - often by offering more money.

Mark_15813485889672
4 years 0 Mark_15813485889672 32

That's terrible, is this is consistent issue? I have not had any trouble with being paid for my work on other sites.

Reading this thread: