New shopper questions

Kristi_15829073033438
4 years +1 Kristi_15829073033438 2

I have a couple of questions and cannot seem to find out how to get the answers. I wanted to change my email on my profile, it says it is updated and then goes right back to old one, any suggestions? Also, I received an email stating there are new shops, I even got got shop numbers but never saw the shops and am not sure how to look them up by number listed on email. Any help would be appreciated.

MFJohnston
4 years +2 MFJohnston 388

Those emails advertising shops go out to thousands upon thousands of shoppers. It is very likely that the shops were picked up by another shopper before you had a chance to look for them online. Moreover, they were likely posted/updated online before the email was sent out, so anybody searching for jobs could easily have found them before you even received the email.

As for changing your email address on your profile, if you changes aren't saving properly, you can create a ticket for the iSS staff.

Kristi_15829073033438
4 years +1 Kristi_15829073033438 2

Thank you for your help!

superadmin
3 years 0 superadmin 24

Hello,

To change your email address, simply log into iSecretShop.com and go to your Profile Tab. You can change your email in the very first section of the form. Just enter your new email address and hit save.

Once you save your new email address, an email will be sent to your new email asking you to confirm your email address. Click the link, and your email address will be successfully updated.

Some shops require specific demographics (i.e. age, gender, income) and if you do not meet the required demographics, the shops will be filtered out when you log in to your profile. Also, shops get picked up very quickly, and we encourage you to download the mobile app to enable push notifications.

Have a great day!

Donna_15780238227721
3 years 0 Donna_15780238227721 1

Is there a certain time they post new shops?

Kevin_15027958065114
3 years 0 Kevin_15027958065114 74

None to be found right now.

Ivan
3 years 0 Ivan 944

Donna,

Usually, shops get posted 5 to 10 days before their planned "period" begins. There are shops that run on weekly, monthly, quarterly, or custom periods.

So, for example, shops for May would get posted around April 23rd, allowing shoppers time to pick them up before the period begins. For weekly shops, this time is usually shorter (3-4 days before the start of the week), and for some harder to schedule shops, it can be longer.

However, due to the current Covid-19 situation, there has been a decline in the number of available shops throughout the industry - the MSPs have put lots of their projects on hold temporarily, so nobody can really tell at this point when new shops/projects will be posted. We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.

Greg_15614409931429
3 years 0 Greg_15614409931429 1
Ivan @ Apr 13, 2020, 5:45:47 PM
Donna,

Usually, shops get posted 5 to 10 days before their planned "period" begins. There are shops that run on weekly, monthly, quarterly, or custom periods.
So, for example, shops for May would get posted around April 23rd, allowing shoppers time to pick them up before the period begins. For weekly shops, this time is usually shorter (3-4 days before the start of the week), and for some harder to schedule shops, it can be longer.

However, due to the current Covid-19 situation, there has been a decline in the number of available shops throughout the industry - the MSPs have put lots of their projects on hold temporarily, so nobody can really tell at this point when new shops/projects will be posted. We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.

Has business picked back up with the MSP's reinstating their projects?

Ivan
3 years 0 Ivan 944

In a lot of cases, with a lot of projects, yes, I would definitely say so.

Some MSPs have adapted their shops to accommodate for the new situation, and even to evaluate if the required measures are being implemented. Some have new projects now, centered around Covid measures. Some have shut most projects down and have still not reinstated them.

Overall, I'd say we're not near the pre-pandemic levels of shops, but it's definitely much better than in the early days of the locakdowns.

Ange
3 years 0 Ange 2

Was having issues also, but don’t be afraid to click and check things out!

Reading this thread: