Sorry for the silly question or more like questions, I'm new here.

Megan_15950984633774
3 years 0 Megan_15950984633774 1

1st of all are there any pointers that you would give that you wish you had known when you first started. There's a lot going on in this app so it's a lot to cover. Thanks! Any advice/pointers would be appreciated.

Phone shop-I was reviewing the do's & do nots that are listed right when I click on a phone shop. There's a section that says 'Please note agents you can't shop will be listed here...

Well I want to make sure I understand this if someone could please explain. When I actually get the details of a job what I see is this 'shop only Rashawn, Crystal, or Aaron(male)

I know this is probably the dumbest question ever asked in this forum but I'm so confused; At first I thought it was saying that if there were companies I couldn't work they would be listed here but then I thought well why wouldn't the app just not show me those so I figured that wasn't what they meant. Lol I know, I sound dumb. Please don't judge. Lol

Ivan
3 years +2 Ivan 944

Hi Megan,

No worries at all - the iSecretShop system as a whole was built to have a ton of functionalities to suit various needs, and then expanded over the years to become what it is today - so it can be bit overwhelming for new users. I'll list a few resources you can use to help get you started:

1. www.iSSprep.com - this is an iSecretShop site designed for training shoppers. It contains courses like iSS 101, 102 and 103 which are free, don't take long to do, provide insights into the system itself, and grant you shopper points when completed.
  2. A "Pro tips" thread on this forum: https://www.secretshopforum.com/thread/1/2/94/pro-tips-for-those-who-want-to-be-the-best-shoppers#post528 - it contains some of the best advice/good case practices I've gathered, and other shoppers have added their advice to it as well.
  3. iSecretShop Video Library - when you login to iSecretShop, at the bottom of the homepage you'll see 4 videos - they serve as good "tutorials" for new shoppers, explaining iSS, how to navigate the system and the app, etc.
  4. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page - https://isecretshop.com/site/faq - this contains the answers to some of the most common questions.

As for your shop itself - the best course of action is always to reach out to the Mystery Shopping Provider that posted the shop, and ask their schedulers for clarification. They will have the most accurate info, and can explain exactly what is expected.

I hope this helps!

Martin_Canada
3 years 0 Martin_Canada 118

I have seen those shops before but usually in person and not by phone. They state "Please target (employee name)." Many bar compliance shops have this. My advice is start off with some easy shops and move your way up to more advanced once you get used to mystery shopping.

Norm
3 years (Edited 3 years) 0 Norm 191

Good advise. Phone shops can either be more easy or more hard, depending on the requirements, than in-person gigs. And there are no silly questions to ask when you are shopping.

John_16070238536429
3 years 0 John_16070238536429 1

do you know what do you mean under shop name it says PE + recorded call + FU

What does the PE & FU mean?

Reading this thread: