Scan Item using your Smartphone.

AdamW
3 months 0 AdamW 14
Jordan_17064262913216 @ Feb 1, 2024, 4:21:27 AM
Are these shops worth it? I got certified on Tuesday and am interested in requesting a shop. 1900 seems like a lot of items... is it easier than it sounds? Thanks in advance for any input!

It is not easier than it looks. I did it one time thinking I could do it in one day because Im pretty experienced and confident. After 5 hours the first day I was only at 1000 items. The did 2 more hours the next day and only got to the 1650 minimum and at the end I couldnt even find more items to scan that were in the approved categories. It is also much more difficult if you wait until the weekend because the stores are so packed that it slows you down even more. I decided after that I would never do it again as it broke down to like $16 an hour for more since I didnt hit the bonus and I determined I could do a better per hour rate on other mystery shops. You will LITERALLY be scanning every item in Costco. And if you havent wrapped your head around that, it is A LOT!!!

AZCross
1 month +2 AZCross 56

So doing the math on this, here in AZ they're paying out $114 for 1,900 items scanned which IF you can do 1,900 items works out to $0.06 per scan. Lets factor in some walking time, waiting for other customers to move, looking for items, etc. An apartment shop pays out anywhere from $35 - $45 per hour and takes only about 45 minutes to complete minus report time. I would personally rather do four apartment shops at $140-$180 payout and three hours work total, instead of five to six hours stressed about finding items and hitting that 1,900 expected for any decent pay. On top of that getting certified to stress out at bare minimum pay just isn't on my bucket list of life experiences.

Reading this thread: