Is there supposed to be an email sent with instructions for a shop?

Alan_15278233627198
5 years (Edited 5 years) 0 Alan_15278233627198 1

Just signed up and scheduled a shop and have no clue how to perform it.

There is a button that say's "Resend....", which implies to me an email is involved, but have received no email and the button does nothing.

Contacted tech support and was basically told that they don't help people who just don't know how to do their job.

So, here I am with no instructions and no training to tell me how to get the instructions.

Very strange way to do business.

Alan

The button say's- "Resend Overview" and does nothing, that I can see.

I am a retired Air Force Computer Programmer and the way things are done here completely baffle me, so I will find someone else to work for.

Alan

Ivan
5 years +1 Ivan 944

Hello,

Once you have a shop assigned to you, you can always view it on the "Assigned Shops" page - there you can see all shops you have assigned, and when you click "Complete Shop" on any of them you will see the full shop information, the shop instructions, the questions, or/and fill out the shop report.

If you have any questions about a particular shop, you can always contact the MSP that posted it, and their schedulers/editors will be happy to help.

I hope this answers your question.

Heather_15279581046403
5 years 0 Heather_15279581046403 1

I requested a job a few days ago and then got no instructions on what do do..now the job isn’t even listed. Where did it go? Do I get an email or something?

MFJohnston
5 years 0 MFJohnston 388

If the shop is not listed in your "assigned shops," it was assigned to somebody else. If it is in your "assigned shops," you should be able to open it up and find the guidelines there....

Norm
5 years +1 Norm 191

Good questions. When you self-assign a shop, or get it from a request you made, either way the system generates an email with the attached guidelines, the date you chose for the shop, and any other pertinent information. If you do not receive an email for requested shops, it has been given to another shopper by the MSP. If you do not receive an email for a shop you self-assign, contact the MSP immediately as there may be problems. Also, be sure to check your Spam?Junk/Trash or other folders because sometimes the system sends it there, depending on your email platform. FYI: stay away from AOL, they are very unreliable for emails. Even iSS says stay away. If you have AOL, switch to a new email server for your shops, that way you won't have that problem.

As for the Resend Overview button, all that does is re-send the email which you should have received in the first place. This is another way of obtaining that email/information should you not have got it

Last, always check your email in plenty of time before your shop date (even last minute ones) as things are constantly updated and/or revised.

Hope this helps. Thanks for reading.

Dolores_15282305656005
5 years 0 Dolores_15282305656005 1

I'm new at this also, a little confused as when it says job pays a certain amount but items they are requesting you to buy come to much more.   Also it says you can apply to hundreds of providers, where and how I see like 20 on the ISS site?

MFJohnston
5 years +1 MFJohnston 388

Hi Dolores,

Quite a few shops are compensated by allowing you to keep a purchased item or giving you a significant discount off that item. This is every common for shops that involve purchasing a meal, for instance. These shops tend to fit shoppers who specifically want the item that must be purchased. If, however, you are not interested in the required purchase, the shop may not be right for you.

iSS is a platform that provides work with a good handful of mystery shopping companies. However, this is only a small fraction of the companies that provide shops. You will not find information about those other companies on this site as the companies that pay to use iSS are not interested in advertising for other companies. If you are looking for more work than what you can find through iSS, I suggest you check out a different forum - "MysteryShopForum." You'll find information there that will help you to become a stronger shopper in general - as well as links to over 200 legitimate companies.

Sukhy
5 years 0 Sukhy 4

I just signed up and I don't see any shops. Is this normal?

Wendy_15031532472383
5 years 0 Wendy_15031532472383 72

It depends where you are. Some places have more shops than others. If you look at your map, it is set to a 25 mile radius. Try expanding that to 50 or 100.

Sukhy
5 years 0 Sukhy 4

Ok thanks.

Reading this thread: