Incredible “to do list” for $5 payout

Joan_15610489226884
4 years 0 Joan_15610489226884 5

The reason I blame this site is because when I wouldn’t go back again (for the same $5) I got a low rating and now cannot choose any shops which is the sites fault - the customer shouldn’t be allowed to do what this customer did but the site let them.

MFJohnston
4 years +1 MFJohnston 388

Joan -

I've done quite a few shops on this site, earning over $10,000. (I do most of my shopping elsewhere, though.) Some shops are better deals for shoppers than others. Plus different shoppers find value in different types of shops. Leaning to identify what works well for you comes with time and experience.

Joan_15610489226884
4 years 0 Joan_15610489226884 5

I’m glad for you but can only think at 5.00 a pop and if the amount of info this customer wanted is normal, you must do this a lot because my experience here is that they want a lot for a little and to them, secret shoppers are expendable - I’m on another site that actually pays now so I’ll be deleting this one. A shop like this on my new ap would pay $35.00

MFJohnston
4 years +2 MFJohnston 388

I don't do $5 shops like what you describe.... I would not delete this site - though it might make sense to only check it periodically. There is no way to know what opportunities will arise later.

Joan_15610489226884
4 years +1 Joan_15610489226884 5

I guess the fact that I went the extra mile and took extra pics and recorded extensive data, followed directions to the letter but was still asked to go back because a customer changed their mind about their own instructions is insulting but when I said no, I was “demoted” and now have -50 points with NO RECOURSE.

I think that speaks volumes about the opportunities that will come up on this site... good luck to you

Jerome_15629795188146
4 years +2 Jerome_15629795188146 11

Was that the total..$5.00...or was there reimbursed for purchases as well. I used to do the grocery store shops where they reimbursed 12.00 of grocery purchase...sometimes requiring at least one specific item. But...it did get to be too much for too little.

Linda_15561947625603
4 years +1 Linda_15561947625603 1

I have seen a lot of postings for Dillion (local name for Kroger chain store) and they only offer $5.00 pay with $9 reimbursement. These shops sound to me as though it would take at least 30 minutes and I've never even tried to apply for them. (These postings were on another board.) I would think that a chain as big as Kroger would make it worth someone's time to evaluate their store. Just my opinion. I usually don't apply for shops that pay less than $10.00 because I feel my time is worth at least that much.

Martin_Canada
4 years 0 Martin_Canada 118

I hate the Kroger shops. You need to remember everyone's name in each department and you get paid so little. Someones they offer a bonus but only last second when no one completes them.

Ivan
4 years +3 Ivan 944

Joan,

There are around 30 different Mystery Shopping Providers on the iSecretShop platform, with hundreds of different clients between them. Blaming the entire platform for what happened in the case of one shop is a very limiting thing to do.

As for your shopper score - points are lost every time a shop is cancelled or declined regardless of the reason. This system is in place to ensure the MSPs that the shops they posted will be done when they are scheduled to be done, and done as specified in the guidelines. If you have lost points, it is very easy to regain them - you can either contact the MSP and ask that your points be restored if appropriate (they have the ability to do so), or you can gain new points, or do both. You can bring your score up quickly by completing one or two free courses on iSSprep, or you can focus on successfully completing new shops. Having a negative score does not prevent you from requesting or getting new shops assigned.

I hope you're still with us as a member, and I hope you'll have better luck with other shops.

Kevin_15027958065114
4 years 0 Kevin_15027958065114 74

What is the best way to find out if a site is active in your area before signing up with them?

Reading this thread: