Revealed Mystery Shops

Todd_16047448261872
3 years 0 Todd_16047448261872 7

I agree @Tina. I'm not there looking to cost anyone their job, just to answer the questions. I'll cut as much slack as possible and not nit-pick, but if a pump screen is unreadable or all the trash cans are overflowing I have to pick "No" and take the picture.

Tina_16151418226737
3 years +1 Tina_16151418226737 17
Todd_16047448261872 @ Mar 21, 2021, 2:54:23 AM
I agree @Tina. I'm not there looking to cost anyone their job, just to answer the questions. I'll cut as much slack as possible and not nit-pick, but if a pump screen is unreadable or all the trash cans are overflowing I have to pick "No" and take the picture.

Exactly. I'm going to give them every chance I can within reason and the scope of my abilities, but I will never lie for sure!!

If the attendant is plain out rude, not nice/friendly or just blatantly not doing their job, I have to report it. That goes back to the whole not lying thing. lol

But I honestly DO try to work with everyone, especially if they are nice/friendly, doing their job well etc.

Angela_16180319279984
3 years 0 Angela_16180319279984 6

I have my first shop and its a fuel audit. Please quickly walk me through how i should do it. Do i reveal myself from the start. Whar to say? Thanks for any feedback

Todd_16047448261872
3 years (Edited 3 years) +1 Todd_16047448261872 7

Hello @Angela. Most Fuel Audits are revealed after a small mystery shop. The ones I have done require a fuel purchase and/or a inside store purchase. Often there is a reward certificate for you to late give the clerk if they asked you the right question. Then you go back to the car, get your vest on and come back in with the LOA (Letter Of Authorization)

You mileage may vary, (Pun intended) but just read all the shop details provided, they usually spell out what you need to do in great detail. It can be a bit tedious, but you should download and read every one of the files they link you to. Printing out the PDF's can help you at by giving you more reference on site your first time.

It will take long on your first one, but once you get familiar with these they can be quick enough to be worth pay vs. time.

Russell_In_Canada
3 years +1 Russell_In_Canada 31

I agree with Todd about the first one (or few) taking time. I have done several of these shop/reveal audits and other than keeping up on the current advertising allowed, they are pretty simple. In fact, I am making a cross-Canada trip this month so I reached out to the MSP's that I have done these shops for. So far, I have been assigned gas shops right across the country, that will cut my actual fuel bill at least in half. I'm working on getting a few hotel shops along the way now, but they seem to be few and far between.

Martin_Canada
3 years 0 Martin_Canada 118

Hotel shops are hard to find. I have only done a few in the past but in the USA when the boarder was open. :-( SQM used to have a bunch but you only get 50% back.

Russell_In_Canada
3 years 0 Russell_In_Canada 31

Martin, I am signed up with SQM but they don't have anything right now. I am also signed up with Service With Style, and have applied for a couple of hotels along the way.

If anyone knows of MSC's that do hotel or motel shops, please let me know.

celeb311
2 years (Edited 2 years) 0 celeb311 8

It is strange that they would react rudely. The managers and employees should know that audits and inspections are necessary in order to carry the brands and be recognized as a national company. Today, a customer reported me for taking pictures around the outside of a gas station. She kept staring at me as I photographed the signs, parking lot and gas pumps. When I went inside to check out the restroom, I heard her complaining to the manager. He went outside with her to look for me. In the mean time, four customers were waiting at the unattended cash register. After revealing myself, the man was friendly but did not understand everything as his English was not so great. He was extremely busy with customers and two vendors who were making deliveries and didn't say anything about me photographing merchandise behind the counter.

Martin_Canada @ Apr 11, 2021, 11:41:49 PM
Hotel shops are hard to find. I have only done a few in the past but in the USA when the boarder was open. :-( SQM used to have a bunch but you only get 50% back.

Thanks for the insight. I have been wanting to do some hotels. It sounds like a good gig!

May_16285513233318
2 years 0 May_16285513233318 5

Hello! I have been doing mystery shops for over a year now, but I have not done a revealed audit. Thank you for these inputs; I've always wondered what it's like to be out there doing the audit. I find it intimidating just by thinking about it, but I guess you will never until you try. Maybe next time, I'll have the courage to do it.

Bingochea
2 years (Edited 2 years) 0 Bingochea 1

I would like to do an audit but it won't allow me, it's saying I have not signed your contract. Which I've signed it over a year ago. So if you can please help me with this that would be great. Looking forward for your response. Thanks very much! Looking forward to hearing back from you. Regrading this matter.

Thanks,

Jill Bingochea

I would like to do an audit but it won't allow me, it's saying I have not signed your contract. Which I've signed it over a year ago. So if you can please help me with this that would be great. Looking forward for your response. Thanks very much! Looking forward to hearing back from you. Regrading this matter.

Thanks,

Jill Bingochea

Reading this thread: