How do you feel about this...

Poll ends: 6 years Poll: Are you annoyed by these inaccurate guidelines?

Select 1 answer:

0 Yes
64%
0 Not so much
37%
Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

That's horrible Frances! I'm a pretty patient man myself, but I think I would have lost it in that situation :)

And those are some great pieces of advice Heather, especially about calling the location!

Frances_15111400687959
6 years +1 Frances_15111400687959 3

Also if anyone games, another tip is to use one of your gaming emails. I had to do that recently. I had just done an in person shop on Friday, and then had to do a web inquiry. I have multiple emails set up for gaming, ,I use my player name for them. Then for the phone number I just switched it to my boyfriends phone then made up a real name using my initials (i didn't use a froggy name that just sounds like an alias.my initials are fs so i went to a baby name web site and looked at f names and chose faith, it didn't sound corny. I used Faith Stevenson. It sounded real

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

Well, I guess that could be possible depending on the shop...but I know that for example, car dealerships do ask you for a dirver's license in order for you to be able to take a test drive, meaning that you have to provide your real name, and a contact mail/phone where you can be reached for follow up.

But if you don't need to reveal your true name, then yeah, anything goes :)

Frances_15111400687959
6 years 0 Frances_15111400687959 3

It was for a web assignment, (web assignments you don't need to actually own the vehicle that you are requesting service for-BM). It was the second shop for a dealorship. I, of course have a license and use my real name when doing an actual car shop, in person. RAC shops also request that you do not use your real name.idk why exactly it would matter since in the circumstance of that shop you do not leave any contact information.

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

Well, not sure about that, but if you're ever in a dilemma about using your real name or a pseudo, the safest bet would be to ask the MSP :)

HeatherAnnie
6 years 0 HeatherAnnie 54

When in doubt, check with the MSP :)

I was once ineligible to do a web shop because I had recently done the physical location, but I contacted the MSP and they manually scheduled it for me anyway. Sometimes it's ok if you just use different info, but they will know.

Steve_15172679326373
6 years 0 Steve_15172679326373 7

I made one big phone call related mistake once, checked the website but did not call the business as the job requested before I left. I called upon arriving in the area, phone just rang. I travelled to a seasonal area, the business was closed, sign on the door said they changed their hours and were only open on weekends. Website did not have the new hours, assigned IS was hoping I had documentation that I called before I left, that way I believe they could still bill the client. I did not. So, if in doubt call first, I would be careful if travelling to a non-peak location (winter at the shore, outside ice skating rink in the summer, ice cream shop when there is snow). I find that when inquiring with IS representatives they are very understanding.

Ivan
6 years 0 Ivan 944

Thanks for sharing Steve!

I think that "So, if in doubt call first," and "When in doubt, check with the MSP :)" statements should be permanently engraved in the background of each and every shop page. :)

Cheers!

Yevgeniy
6 years +1 Yevgeniy 5

All great points of advice guys thanks!!!

Norm
5 years +1 Norm 191

Just an update on this thread. check out using Google Voice. It gives you a different phone number and voicemail to use. And they are both real! Using these on phone shops will save a loss of headache. Recommended on this forum in another thread. Here for others to find and read.

Good luck.

Reading this thread: